- We are looking for a fun, energetic, and detail-oriented studio assistant to join our team.
- Job description:
- Receiving, documenting and organizing new inventory from each of our production locations
- Meticulously follow our quality control standards and organize any seconds for discounted selling
- Facilitating outbound shipments to customers from our online store (i.e.: scheduling pickups with UPS or USPS or occasionally dropping off packages to the UPS Store or Post Office).
- Creating purchase orders for production and sending it to our production houses as well as independent seamstresses
- Pulling and packing outbound shipments
- Keeping the inventory database accurate so that our retail and wholesale departments can reorder as necessary
- Facilitating product repairs and returning to clients/customers in a timely manner
- Ordering/replenishing shipping supplies
- Updating inventory on our website’s backend to ensure efficiency in shipping orders
- Checking in and QCing returned merchandise from clients to confirm we received correct quantities and product is returned in sellable condition
- Reading and replying to customer service emails in a timely manner with kind, professional language.
- Will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement as well as a non-compete
- Sewing experience is preferred. We make samples for production as well as minor repairs to dolls or clothing.
- Graphic Design experience is preferred, but not required, as is marketing and/or social media skills.
- This job isn’t only limited to what is described, there will be more tasks added as needed.
- Studio is located on the bottom floor of the business owner’s home, so it is more of a relaxed environment with kids at the home and coming into the studio.
- Local candidates only: Seattle, WA (North Seattle)
- Hours: part-time - starting at 20 hours a week with the possibility of increasing hours to full-time
- Dependability and punctuality are a must. Trial period of one-two weeks after hiring to ensure this is a good fit for both parties.
- Salary: $10 - $15 based on experience
- Send resume (with two professional references) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “studio assistant position” in the subject title.
image by blush photography
For a while now I've wanted to host a giveaway that's different than any other giveaway I've ever done. I wanted it to be fun and to let everyone's creativity shine. So here it is, the design-a-doll contest and giveaway!
To enter the giveaway and contest:
1. Download a blank doll template here.
2. Color, sew, dye, glue and decorate the doll template to you heart's content.
3. Take a photo of your creation, post it on instagram and hashtag it with #ckddollcontest and tag me @candykirbydesigns.
4. If you don't have access to instagram and would still like to participate in the giveaway, email your photo to candykirbydesigns [at] gmail [dot] com.
THE FINE PRINT:
The contest will run until January 16, 2015. After that, all entries will be reviewed and at least FIVE finalists will be chosen. I will post individual photos of the finalists on @candykirbydesigns instagram feed and voting will be tabulated by the amount of "likes" a photo receives. By entering the contest you agree to allow me to create a doll depicting your entry, if I so choose, and waive any design copyright.
• THE GRAND PRIZE: the winner will receive a finished CKD doll depicting your entry. The grand prize winner will also receive a $100 gift card to be used at candykirbydesigns.com and the possibility of your entry being produced and sold at candykirbydesigns.com and a portion of sales of this doll will go to a children's charity of my choosing.
• THE SECOND PLACE PRIZE: $75 gift card to be used at candykirbydesigns.com and the possibility of your entry being produced and sold at candykirbydesigns.com with a portion of sales of this doll will go to a children's charity of my choosing.
• THE THIRD PLACE PRIZE: $50 gift card to be used at candykirbydesigns.com and the possibility of your entry being produced and sold at candykirbydesigns.com with a portion of sales of this doll will go to a children's charity of my choosing.
I'm so excited to see what you all come up with!!
A few months ago I was thinking about what I wanted to do to celebrate reaching 30k followers on Instagram. I immediately thought of a giveaway, but not just any giveaway, a HUGE giveaway. So here it is, my $2k giveaway. One lucky winner will receive:
• Orbit Baby G3 - stroller frame + seat + cargo basket + sunshade color of your choice (as long as it's in stock) : $1280 value
• ErgoBaby - teal carrier and swaddle in natural: $140 value
• Puj - Splash newborn bath set : $75 value
• Paige Lauren - grey 0-3m sleeper : $44 value
• Aden and Anais - pack of Super Star Scout swaddles : $50 value
• Chewbeads - one teether and two necklaces : $76 value
• The Honest Co - one month supply of diapers and wipes : $80 value
• Roxy Marj - Bear Blanket : $125 value
• Candy Kirby Designs - $100 gift card
••• open to US and Canda residents only, sorry! •••
When my twins were babies, I spend countless hours searching for the best cribs. I wanted all of the sides to be slatted so they could see each other, wanted them to be white, wanted them to have great reviews and also didn't want them to cost an arm and a leg. Below are 10 modern white cribs that are all under $300. I've searched around and these are the very best prices for each of these cribs. They all have great reviews and some even have free shipping! Just click on the crib you like and it will take you directly to the product listing on the purchasing site. I've even included a mini crib (the $249 crib on the bottom right) for those of you that have space issues. I bought the twins two of the $180 crib and loved them. My son Ezra's crib was a hand me down that I painted a beautiful robin's egg blue, but had I needed to purchase one for him, I would have gotten the $269 crib. So gorgeous!
This is the first in a series of baby products I will be featuring over the next several weeks. I had three babies in two years and have become somewhat of an expert on baby gear. I have such a soft spot for nursery decor, so here is where I will be featuring various styles of the same things to fit every budget. Leave a comment below if there's anything you'd like me to spotlight on!
disclaimer: we use affiliate links. if you click on one of our links above, we could get a small commission on a purchase.
Donuts! Moons! Metallic stripes! Spring is going to be more colorful than ever. We've also added a new abstract painting to the mix, the Evie, featuring Pantone's Color of the Year, Radiant Orchid. Check out the new collection and let's go get some donuts!